Maintaining Strong Alliances
Partnerships and alliances are important when the resale system is thriving. They are also important when the system comes under attack or when budget deficits put a strain on resources.
The American Logistics Association provides program advocacy, in partnership industry, other associations and coalitions, and directly with military resale.
- Resources provided to the system are a reciprocal commitment from citizens in recognition of their service.
- These resources provide a big bang for the buck by retaining a quality force and the funding is small in comparison to other aspects of the compensation package.
- Management has demonstrated responsible stewardship of resources provided as demonstrated by all standard government performance measures.
- These programs provide a much needed employment for family members to assist in obtaining a much needed second source of household income.
- Military resale and MWR business programs are designed to take the best aspects of the public and private sector and structure programs that are well-managed and responsive to their constituency. The military resale and MWR system is a model of how these enterprises should function by adopting the best private sector practices enhanced with solid Government performance and supported by patron contributions, industry contributions and taxpayer support.