In this time of severe budget deficits and increasing strain on resources, it is more imperative than ever that industry partners reinforce the arguments for a robust program with Congress, the Military Coalition, agency leadership, and resale management:
- Resources provided to the system are a reciprocal commitment from citizens in recognition of their service.
- These resources provide a big bang for the buck by retaining a quality force and the funding is small in comparison to other aspects of the compensation package.
- Management has demonstrated responsible stewardship of resources provided as demonstrated by all standard government performance measures.
- These programs provide a much needed employment for family members to assist in obtaining a much needed second source of household income.
- Military resale and MWR business programs are designed to take the best aspects of the public and private sector and structure programs that are well-managed and responsive to their constituency. The military resale and MWR system is a model of how these enterprises should function by adopting the best private sector practices enhanced with solid Government performance and supported by patron contributions, industry contributions and taxpayer support.